Featured Post

Popol Vuh: The Definitive Edition of the Mayan Book of the Dawn of Life and the Glories of Gods and Kings by Dennis Tedlock

This volume can be divided into two parts. First is the introduction of the Popol Vuh; second, the translation of the work itself. It is...

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Four Corners

I’ve got to get out of here!
But I don’t like people from outside
I hear murmurs inside my head,
I’m getting crazier everyday.
Someone’s at the door
But he’s knocking at the opposite room.
I’m locked in my seat
But I don’t want to be free.
This is my home, my sanctuary.
And a prison, I should say.
I see shadows sneaking behind closed windows.
They’re branches, trying to scare you.
A faint beating in my temples starts to annoy me.
I hear myself talking from within.
I touched the cold white walls
And I felt colder inside.
There’s emptiness in me;
A void of consuming blackness beneath my consciousness.
I shook off that feeling
Of sudden loneliness, I felt that hollowness again.
I looked in the mirror to examine my face
And I traced the contours of a twisted, ruined flesh.
I looked into the eyes that were staring at me
I saw my future in a bleak and dangerous world.
I stood up to test my legs
and raised my arms to see if they’re still moving.
Then suddenly I felt the urge to run.
As I touched the knob, iciness crept through my arm.
I tried to turn it, while that cold feeling crept down to my legs
I couldn’t move my feet, they were stuck to the floor.
I started to panic
My eyes began to moist, blurring everything in sight
And I felt fear forming in my lips.
I screamed but I heard silence
Suddenly the walls began to move
And all I can remember was when they closed in on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Please keep it clean.