Featured Post

Popol Vuh: The Definitive Edition of the Mayan Book of the Dawn of Life and the Glories of Gods and Kings by Dennis Tedlock

This volume can be divided into two parts. First is the introduction of the Popol Vuh; second, the translation of the work itself. It is...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Flame

Note: I wrote this for my fiance a few years back. I've also posted this at Writing.com before (see links).
I am consumed by your love that was once only a spark of admiration.
You set it afire and the tongues of flame,
flames of longing and desire, took over me.
Everyday that we get closer I burn with the desire
to touch you, to kiss you.
I want to look into your eyes so I can find my soul in them.
My happiness I know I can only find in your arms.
I know I'll be complete just lying beside you in bed
and hearing your heart beat.
There is a special connection between us.
Something beyond our understanding.
A force so strong it broke our shields
of hatred, distrust and loneliness.
A force that brought two lonely souls together.
There is a music played especially for us.

Take me and dance with me.
Hold me close and let our bodies speak for our hearts.
I see eternity in your eyes.
And as I think of this, I can't help but ask myself if this is true
because of the overwhelming emotions that are filling me up.

The rhythm of our hearts play a music that only our souls can hear.
In our own small world we are complete.
I have you and I have everything that I need.
Words are not enough to capture your beauty.
The beauty that I see in you simply shines through.
Only a great artist must have created such a masterpiece like you.
And only a fool like me would attempt to paint just one
.But yes, I am a fool and a happy one at that.
Let me be a fool for you, love.
Let me cry in your arms;
laugh and smile with you when you're happy;
let me sing and dance to praise your beauty;
and let me tell you how much I love you,need you and want you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Please keep it clean.