Featured Post

Popol Vuh: The Definitive Edition of the Mayan Book of the Dawn of Life and the Glories of Gods and Kings by Dennis Tedlock

This volume can be divided into two parts. First is the introduction of the Popol Vuh; second, the translation of the work itself. It is...

Monday, August 02, 2010

The Darkness Part 2

Photos taken by Cassie

The will that drove me to do things
At first burned with a consuming flame
But fear and rejection
Smothered the conflagration.
Mighty as it might have been
I did not sustain it.


Desire which never lasted
made the heart weary of the future.
In darkness the heart dwells.
I walked blindly, guided by desire
Only to be led to a dead end
Where the last hope withered and died.


Even the light that was once bright
Was eaten away by darkness
Darkness that grows and grows
Which confusion has cloaked my heart.
In fear, weakness overcomes the light
But through darkness I know I exist


There is no hope that I might come out
Of that hole where light cannot escape.
A hole that drags an already confused self
Squeezing out every drop of its humanity
And sucks everything that is worthy of life
To transform it into eternal emptiness.


Voices call out for mercy
And pained hearts paint everything black
In this tunnel where I walk
I search for something to hold on,
In infinite emptiness walled by sorrow,
But I found myself stumbling in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Please keep it clean.