Featured Post

Popol Vuh: The Definitive Edition of the Mayan Book of the Dawn of Life and the Glories of Gods and Kings by Dennis Tedlock

This volume can be divided into two parts. First is the introduction of the Popol Vuh; second, the translation of the work itself. It is...

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

My Sad Eyes

Sad eyes



that don’t twinkle



wink back at me



their sorrow and loneliness.







Sad eyes



that cry with no tears



telling me to search



for the light that never shone.







Sad eyes



weary, tired and lifeless



try to hide the soul



its desires and dreams







Sad eyes



their beauty fading



in blind pretension



and mashed bravery







Sad eyes



that don’t twinkle



are enveloped in darkness



as I close







my sad eyes.
Minnie the dog. Photo taken by Cassie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Please keep it clean.