Featured Post

Popol Vuh: The Definitive Edition of the Mayan Book of the Dawn of Life and the Glories of Gods and Kings by Dennis Tedlock

This volume can be divided into two parts. First is the introduction of the Popol Vuh; second, the translation of the work itself. It is...

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Burnout Paradise

Developer: Criterion Games
Publisher: EA

Burnout Paradise is not just a racing game. The game is set in Paradise City which becomes your playground where you can compete in five different events to level up your driver's license to unlock cars and more events. The five events are: racing, road rage, marked man, stunt run and burning route. There are also bonus missions such as: power parking, super jumps, road rules, showtime, smashes and billboards.

It's a very addictive game. I found I could not put the controller down once I got used to navigating the menus. It was a bit confusing at first and I did not know what the other events are for. 

I love this game because it is not just about speed. I found a good use for my destructive abilities. Road rage is my favorite event. I could finally use the big, noisy cars in a race. The same cars are pretty useful in marked man as well. Stunt run is a bit tricky, and in order to win the burning route and unlock special cars, you have to be familiar with the streets because looking at the map alone might not do the trick.

The other missions helped me to explore the city. And in order to get most of the trophies, one needs to explore every street. It will come in handy when you're looking for a shortcut for burning route and marked man. You will also need to find the best spots to do the stunt runs. You would have to be familiar with the cars as well. Not all cars work well for different events. Each car has a different set of abilities.

The game is pretty easy but the menu is a bit confusing to navigate. It is very addictive too and the number of winning events needed to upgrade the license is too few for me. What I liked about the game too is that you can't find any humans in the game. I liked the idea of adding all the other events besides racing. I recommend this to people who, like me suck at other racing games. This is a lot more fun and less serious. You don't need to learn how to steer perfectly as long as you survive and you know which way you're going. This game gets a 10 out of 10 rating.

Note: This does not include the DLC Big Surf Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Please keep it clean.