Featured Post

Popol Vuh: The Definitive Edition of the Mayan Book of the Dawn of Life and the Glories of Gods and Kings by Dennis Tedlock

This volume can be divided into two parts. First is the introduction of the Popol Vuh; second, the translation of the work itself. It is...

Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm Sorry, Minnie

I'm sorry I failed you as a friend
I'm sorry I could not do anything to ease your pain
I'm sorry that your cries for companionship and comfort
are ignored at night
I'm sorry we complained
I'm sorry we could not fulfill your expectations
We tried to do everything
but we lost the battle
Yet you never gave up
Hope sparkled in your eyes everytime
a loving hand soothes you
We did not see it coming
You were so full of life and joy
You liked to play
You loved me even if sometimes I wasn't such a good friend to you
You greeted us with a wag of tail
everytime we approach you even if you're in pain
I'm sorry we could not do anything

Why did it have to be you
You were loved
You were special
Just like all dogs
I'm sorry our efforts failed
You will always be remembered
Thank you for being a good friend
Thank you for the smiles,
for every wag of tail, for the happiness you brought,
for being naughty while you're waiting to be fed,
for being cute even if you have bad teeth
I should be angry at Fate for taking you
I should be crying because it's so unfair
But it won't bring you back

Thank you for sharing your life with us
Thank you for being such a good dog

Farewell Minnie girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Please keep it clean.